Dr. Samidha Deo, MBBS, DSM (Sports Medicine Physician). Sports Medicine is a branch of collaborative medicine that specializes in preventing, diagnosing and treating injuries sustained during sports or exercise. Our goal is to assist the patient in return to sports at the earliest and to achieve peak performance and prevent any further injuries. Sports medicine is not only for the competitive athlete but also for a non-athlete who enjoys playing sports or exercise occasionally.
Sports Medicine is a branch of collaborative medicine that specializes in preventing, diagnosing and treating injuries sustained during sports or exercise.
Our goal is to assist the patient in return to sports at the earliest and to achieve peak performance and prevent any further injuries. Sports medicine is not only for the competitive athlete but also for a non-athlete who enjoys playing sports or exercise occasionally.
Sports medicine specialists at our hospital provide a coordinated team approach to the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of injuries sustained by professional, amateur and recreational athletes. Preventive care is promoted through wellness, fitness and performance-enhancement consultations.
A Cutting-Edge Team Sports medicine is based on accelerated rehabilitation and physical therapy and remains an integral component of our center. Our professional, enthusiastic and highly motivated staff provides excellent care to our patients. Our highly trained staff is composed of Sports Medicine Physician, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants and Athletic Trainers who regularly ensure your individual case is managed according to your specific needs, which means our physical therapists not only provide interventions based on their careful judgments about diagnosis and prognosis, but also confer regularly with your referring physician to optimize and expedite your recovery. Rehabilitation programs include, but are not limited to:
- Repetitive strain injuries (tendonosis, tenosynovitis, bursitis, entrapment syndromes or stress fractures)
- Spine (i.e. neck, mid back, low back) rib, and sacroiliac joint related disorders, including biomechanical dysfunction, strains, disc injuries, and pinched nerves (e.g. sciatica)
- Peripheral nerve injuries and entrapments (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Shoulder related disorders (e.g. sprains and dislocations, rotator cuff tendon, and bursitis)
- Elbow related disorders (e.g. sprains, tendonitis, golfer's elbow and tennis elbow) Wrist related disorders (e.g. sprains, tenosynovitis, ganglion cysts, triangular fibrocartilage complex injuries)
- Hand related disorders (e.g. ligament and tendon injuries, trigger finger)
- Abdomen related disorders (e.g. muscle tear, sports hernia, core muscle weakness)
- Hip related disorders (e.g. bursitis, tendonitis, femeroacetabular impingement)
- Knee related disorders (e.g. ACL injury, meniscus injury, MCL sprain, patella dislocation, patella femoral syndrome, iliotibial band syndrome, patella tendonitis)
- Shin splints
- Ankle related disorders (e.g. sprains, Achilles tendonitis)
- Foot related disorders (e.g. plantar fasciitis, flat feet, metatarsalgia, Morton's neuroma)
- Sports related concussion
- Uncomplicated traumatic fractures and stress fractures
- Pregnancy related muscle and joint pains
- Osteoporosis to improve muscle and bone strength as well as balance to minimize the chances of a related fracture
- Postural and Ergonomic dysfunction (e.g. neck, shoulder and back muscle tightness)
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- The center is equipped with advanced equipment to facilitate quality reconditioning, restoration of flexibility, strength, power, endurance and biomechanical functionin an optimal amount of time. We also provide fitness assessment programs to improve sports performance and optimize fitness and health.
- We conduct Ergonomic studies for MNCs.
- Sports related injuries.
- Back and neck injuries.
- Knee reconstruction and surgeries.
- Shoulder surgeries and injuries.
- Total joint replacements
- Ankle and foot injuries