When should I go for surgery?
- Pain in activities of daily living- getting out of car, chair, dressing, walking even short distances, climbing stairs
- When quality of life is getting compromised particularly in age of 50 -70 years.
- Pain killers are not being tolerated or don’t work, difficulty in performing exercises.
- Adequate trial of conservative trial has failed and the patient is motivated and understands what he wants.
About the Knee Replacement Surgery
- How much time does the surgery last? - Av. 2hrs
- How many days are you admitted in hospital? - 5-7 days
- When do you start walking after surgery? - Very next day with a walker
- Is there no other permanent solution? - No
- What are advantages of this surgery? - pain is gone, mobility, dependence on other aids is gone, no long term use of medicines for pain
- How long does this joint last? 15-20 yrs
- What about exercise after operation? Physiotherapy is must to achieve full R.O.M
- What are the risks of surgery? - It is must to get full medical check up before operation. Infection is main complication.
- Is it covered under insurance? - Yes
- How commonly is it done at your hospital and is your hospital equipped for the surgery? - Commonly done and our hospital theatre is modern with all the facility for replacement surgery.
- What activities can I do after surgery? - Normal pain free walking, normal stair climbing, driving, swimming, biking, basic exercises, light dancing.
© 2016 Ayush Hospital All Right Reserved. Powered by Apex e-Commerce